NEWCOMER or FIRST TIME HERE?
Meet Beau Surratt, who coordinates community life here at Holy Trinity, at the back of the church following worship. He would be happy to answer questions or make an introduction.
Newcomer Gatherings October 15 and December 10, 2017
Are you a newcomer to Holy Trinity? Have you recently moved to Chicago and would like to put down some roots in the city?
Come and meet some staff members at Holy Trinity and other newcomers. We’ll talk about Holy Trinity--its mission and ministry, what we stand for, and ways to get involved, if you choose. For those who would like to become members of the church, we will describe that process. Email Pr. Mueller if you are interested.
Church Home: Register
If you consider Holy Trinity your church home in Chicago, we invite you to register so that we know of your presence and can add you to our email list.
Questions about membership or getting involved: Talk to Pr. Craig Mueller or Beau Surratt
Membership at Holy Trinity
Please contact Pr. Craig Mueller or the church office if you're interested in becoming a member of Holy Trinity.
Holy Trinity would love to welcome you as a member of the community. Though the term member describes all who are baptized and part of the universal Church, membership in a specific congregation deepens ties in a number of ways:
- you identify with Holy Trinity’s unique mission and ministry and are known to the pastoral staff;
- you consider Holy Trinity your church home, even if you are not sure how long you will be in Chicago;
- unlike membership at a gym or museum, belonging to a church gives a sense of identity and spiritual grounding;
- your support and involvement is appreciated, in whatever ways you are able to participate.
Associate Membership is another option if you would like to remain connected to a primary congregation in another place or denomination, yet still affiliate with Holy Trinity.
Life Together is a communal process of spiritual growth and renewal.
Life Together is designed for those:
- who did not grow up Christian and/or have not been baptized;
- new to Lutheranism, liturgy, or a sacramental tradition;
- who have been estranged from the church but are now drawn to community and communal worship;
- sensing a stirring of the Spirit, yet filled with questions;
- who may have grown up Lutheran but didn’t think about it when they were confirmed, and would like to learn more about Christian faith and life in community;
- parents wanting to grow in their faith as part of the baptismal promises they make on behalf of their children.
Life Together is a place to bring questions, doubts, and hopes. Rather than giving answers (like a catechism), together we will seek wisdom for our lives from scripture, sacraments, liturgy and other Christian practices.
Learn more about Life Together